Thursday

Cooking each day makes me thoughtful

I keep cooking, and I enjoy it, but some days I do wonder if my kids will ever stop growing. I mean, they eat and eat, they have opinions on my cooking, they are happy some days to create in the kitchen ( something I must put on the schedule for them actually!) but they never seem to be full.

I am sure it is an age thing, but honestly some days it wears me out!! a loaf of bread just gone, snacks made and demolished, dinner cooked and plates clean. I wonder if I can keep up.

It is lucky I love cooking and do so daily, I am reminded that it is an activity that the boys will always know, and they will also know that anything is possible to make. maybe not in the shape that is is created in a store, but it can be made. They can ask for anything and it will be out on the weekly menu, if they really like it, then I teach them how to make it.

I am pondering if I should hold a summer camp for cooking for kids, I think it would be a lot of fun, and many children do not get to make dishes like my children do, and I should not take that for granted.

With all my years of training experience and my catering qualifications, this is an idea I should explore. I have thought of it before, but never been in the place in my life to make it happen, but now I am.

Food for thought for me..I will ponder this and see if I can pull it together this summer.

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt if you set your mind to it, you will pull it together, what a fabulous idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it is coming along, working on a workshop for Busy mums at the moment as well.

    ReplyDelete